Below are two sources of information that will help you stay informed, including the USA CDC organization and the WHO:
Per the CDC, “the best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus”. However, as a reminder, the CDC recommends everyday actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses like COVID-19, including:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue and immediately throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
These everyday habits can help prevent the spread of several viruses and we ask everyone to please practice these preventive measures. There are currently no confirmed cases in Tarrant County. There are individuals being monitored.
Tomorrow is our annual Grandparents/Special Someone event and we’re excite to have our families and their loved ones on campus. Given the current health climate, it may be a good idea for us to greet each other tomorrow with a smile over a handshake. See you for pancakes!
All my best -Sallie
Sallie Wells, M.S., CFLE
Head of School